Friday, May 10, 2013

Just Believe!

Good Day all you stampers out there!

I am still creating in my craft room.  Hubby wonders what I do up here lol.  Sometimes I play games on the computer while I try to think up a new card, other times I can't stop myself from going crazy creating. 

Today was a games day but inspiration struck after only two games of Majong!  There is a tile that looks like a Water Lilly and I found myself staring at it and wondering if I had a stamp that I could use to re-create a Zen card. 

For some reason "Just Believe" came to mind.  I wondered what just one flower would look like stamped on Whisper White.  Of course I used Pool Party for my ink as that is a Zen kinda color and because I see water when I look at it.  Yeah I know, my eyesight is wonky!!!

So here you go - Zen water lillies -

 
I inked up the flower with a Pool Party Marker.  I stamped in a random manner.  I then took a Sahara Sand Marker and doodled in some "waves".  I added pearls to the center of the flowers.  I added a Greeting from "Friendly Phrases" (can't believe they are retiring these two sets).
 
  I took the Delicate Lace border tape from the Spring Mini, and I sponged the over the lace with Pool Party classic ink.I removed the Delicate Lace and mounted the art piece with dimensionals. 
 
A very simple card but it has impact.  I had lots of fun coming up with this idea and getting it down on card stock.  Sometimes what I see in my mind doesn't always come out on paper in a way that I like.  I'm sure you all know what I mean!
 
 I have posted my New Catalog Open House information and dates HERE.  I so hope you can join me for some make and takes and fun. 
 
So that's my share for today.
 
Zen Lilly hugs!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment