Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Morning Cup!

Good Day Creative people!

Today's post is all about Coffee!  Yes I have finally come over to the dark side.  I was a die hard tea drinker.  Tea, juice, Pepsi and water were all that passed my lips.  And then I went to a class in Stephenville and was given a Cappucino.  Oh, Oh trouble in a cup! 

I came home and raved about it to my DH.  That Christmas he purchased a $300.00 Espresso Machine.  Up until this time I spelled it Expresso :O).    I soon became dedicated to the dark world of Coffee..  I even grind my own beans.  Yes, it has gotten  under my skin big time.  Now I am a self acknowledged coffee snob. 

I have a Sister-in-law who drinks coffee straight  from the machine.  Forget the cup!  She lived with me for a time when she was younger and she would brew coffee for herself in the mornings.  Once the coffee was perked, if it wasn't strong enough, she would add instant coffee.  I KNOW yech, right?  Now I still don't agree with her ways of making coffee - I am much to refined for that, but I do understand some of her obsession.  lol.

She has been great to Carrie and Emily, in the way of support and an early Birthday gift for little Emily.  So to thank her I decided to do what I do best, make her a suitable card.  Morning Cup provided the inspiration I wanted.





I used some soon to be retired products here on this card, the First Edition DSP and of course Morning Cup!  I started with Early Espresso card stock for my base (see a theme developing here?).  I added Crumb cake, Pacific Point and Cherry Cobbler for my complimentary colors.  I took the splotch from Fall Foliage and made "stains" on the card stock.  Oh, and Fall Foliage will also be retiring at the end of May. 

I stamped my focal image on water color paper in Black Stazon.  I broke out my trusty Aqua Painter and colored in the cups using the colors I had chosen.  I cut the image out with my Oval Framelits and used Coredinations card stock for the outside oval.  I sanded this off to give it a worn look.  Everything is mounted with dimensionals. 

Now for the greeting - Yes that is a real Coffee bean.  I sanded the back of the bean to make it a little flatter so I could glue it to the greeting.  Oh Yah!  A brief flash of inspiration. 


Here is a close up of the bean.  I am so pleased with this card.  Can't wait to get it into the mail.



Here is what Aunt Gloria gave Emily.  A working Princess phone, Pink with White Polka Dots.  It is just her size too!  (alright you got me, any excuse to post a picture of our little granddaughter)

Well that's it for another day!  Hope you enjoyed today's card.  Leave a comment I love reading them.  And don't forget - these stamp sets will be gone for good at the end of May.  If you want to order them, just click HERE to go to my on line store.

Caffinated hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment