Saturday, July 20, 2013

Back at the Park!

Hey there Stampers!

I bet you thought I dropped off the face of the earth!  We were gone to a family Wedding in Nova Scotia.  Two weeks of Rick's family and my family.  I of course was a water works when I left to head home.  I hate saying goodbye!  Rick on the other hand was doing the dance of joy!

So we are back and camping again.  I have set up my wilderness craft room and spent a wonderful couple of hours there today.  I am taking a break for the John Wayne Marathon going on in our trailer!

Marathon you ask?  Yes it happens every Saturday but it is especially painful this weekend as it really is a marathon.  Back to Back to Back movies.  Kill me now!!!

So leaving my home base craft room causes me no end of stress.  I want to take it all!  You know how it is, right?  I spent one day carefully going through each and every piece of product trying to decide what to leave.

I have baskets and I fill one with accessories - brads, flowers etc. and my tools such as blender pen, glue, bone folder etc.  The next one has all the ink and markers in it and so on.  I use a 12" x 12" craft keeper for my paper and Dsp.  I also take along my cleaner and ribbon, stamps and of course my Big Shot.  By now you are asking yourself what did she leave home? 

Apparently I left behind my acrylic blocks for my stamps.  Yes, folks, 15 stamp sets and not one block in sight!  What do you do when this happens?  You get very creative! 

I used my ink pads.  Can't see through them but they will work in a pinch.  So if you see some art work over the next week ( have to head home next week for a Dr.'s appointment, thank goodness!) that is just a little crooked, then please forgive me!

I didn't take pic's of my creations today as the weather here is wet and grey but when it clears up tomorrow (fingers crossed) I will snap some pic's.

But for today's share I have a couple of pic's I haven't posted.  So here goes -

 
This card was one I demo - ed at a workshop recently.  I used Mosaic Madness and Perfectly Penned.  I also kept with a couple of new in-colors.  Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana.  I used the punch that you can get for this set.  It makes everything so much easier. lol
 

 
This was the other card I used at the workshop.  I wanted to show that one set can be versatile and just a couple of colors can still make a beautiful card.  This one is done with Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana and Slate Grey.  What do you think?
 
 
Stampin' Up! has just finished their 25 Convention.  I couldn't make it because of the family wedding but I have been watching for up dates and this was one of them.  We will be able to purchase dies for the Big Shot that will make flip cards.  This will become available August 1st so stay tuned for more information.
 
So that's it for me today!
 
Heading to a camp fire hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment