Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Night of the Mosquito!


      
Good Day Stampers!

 
What a night I had here at the park. Last night for some reason my refuge, aka trailer, was invaded by mosquitoes.  I spent the night swatting and killing dozens of the pesky little critters.   DH and I couldn’t figure how the little buggers were getting in.  We checked every window and crevice and to no avail.  But I finally found the culprit at 1:00am in the morning – DH was fiddling with my window in the bedroom and knocked the screen out at the top of the window.  So you see that meant a direct line to  my  legs and  a late night snack.  I have so many bites that my body was a burning itching mess.  I am a mess to begin with so this didn’t have a whole lot of impact except to add to my misery!  Coming home from a visit with family sucks!!!! ( and so do mosquitos)

Because I was up until 3:00am doing combat,  I was a little tired today so did nothing more strenuous than having a nap. 

But the good news for you is the weather cleared up and I did get a pic of the card I made yesterday so I have that to show you!  I did two cards but I promised my sister that I wouldn’t post Christmas cards in July, so unless there is a huge outcry in favor of, I will hold off! 

I got my pre-order from the soon to be released Occasions Mini just before I left on Friday.  I have some lovely new stamps and some very new accessories.  But they are for Christmas!  I do have a fall stamp but managed to leave it home.  Once again I am wishing I had more room in my little car.  Maybe next time my DH starts making noises about a van I will be more receptive. 


So here is your share for today –


 I started with an Island Indigo card base.   Added a layer of Whisper White which had been run through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  I had a Doily in Whisper White card stock and used that as my circle. 

I stamped the flower from Flower Shop in Island  Indigo, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight ink on Velum card stock and Whisper White card stock.  I punched out the flowers with the matching punch and layered them with dimensional.  I then cut out some leaves in Pistachio Pudding using the Big Shot and the little leaves die.  I added them in a circle and placed the leaves around the flowers.  I added some flowers and a button done with the Clay and molds.  I colored the Pool Party flower with re-inkers and the Island Indigo flower with my aqua painter  and some ink from the lid of the matching color.  I did the same with the button.

I stamped the greeting and punched it out with a scallop circle punch and then I punched out some Island Indigo card stock to frame the circle.  I added a rhinestone and called it a day.  I spent lots of time on this one  ladies,  it was supposed to be a “Simple” card but escalated as I was putting it together.  Yikes it’s like it has a mind of it’s own.   Please don’t notice that I am not using the exact names of the SU products as I don’t have my catalog and because I have so many new products I can’t for the life of me remember all the names.  :O)
 
I have another share for you today - it's not a card but the lovely Miss Emily!  She is almost a year old now, such  a little sweetie and I just had to show you this pic.
 
Look at that little face.  I don't know how my daughter says no to her! lol  She is growing up way too fast!
 
Well that's my share for today I will see what I can come up with for tomorrow!  Hopefully no little critters in the trailer tonight!!!!
 
Itchy and Scratchy hugs!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment