Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Please Bring Back Summer!


 

Good Day Stampers!


Well it’s another cool and rainy day here at the Falls.  It seems since we came back from Nova Scotia that the weather has taken a turn for the worse.  I still have fleece sheets on the bed and I am wearing Wool  socks to bed.  I mean, seriously?

 DH laughs at me but to me it’s not a laughing matter.  I thrive on warm sunny days, hot, even.   I am solar panelled.  Ok, way weird visual in my head now!

Because the weather is rainy and cool getting anything done in the craft tent is not happening.  I think I mentioned before that rain and card stock are not compatible.  But, yesterday the sun came out for about an hour or so and I did manage to get a Birthday Card done for little Miss Emily, who will be turning one on Aug. 2nd.

I can’t believe that a year ago I was in Ottawa waiting to see her little face.  Well looking at her little face hasn’t lost any of its appeal in the last year.   Have a look  -
 

 
Is she not the cutest?  I know I am biased but hey that's all I can do.

 
Now, on to the birthday card.  DD has an owl  theme going on for Emily so I decided to break out the Owl Builder Punch and make a card.  Have a look –



 

I used Early Espresso for my card base and added Very Vanilla and Strawberry Slush as my accenting colors.  Gotta have some pink in there, right folks? 

I ran the Strawberry Slush card stock through the Mosaic embossing folder using the Big Shot  (which featured prominently in this card)  I ran some Crumb Cake card stock through the Wood grain folder and  spread Early Espresso ink over the folder before I put it through giving me this lovely dark and light wood grain.  

I could go on and on here about how much work this card was but you don’t need all the gory details do you?  So I will stop blathering!  I am working on the inside of the card now and will post it when I get it done. 

Have to run, it seems the sun has come out to play.  Although it is still cool enough for jeans and sweatshirt.  Sigh, maybe tomorrow Summer will make an appearance.  I miss it so!

Cool hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment