Saturday, July 6, 2013

Simply Sketched and Holidays!

Hi there Stampers!

DH and I are getting ready to attend a family wedding next weekend.  I am excited to spend some time with my son and his wife and my mom and sisters.  I don't get to see them often and miss them so much.

Carrie and the baby will not be able to attend as she has to head back to work soon and is in the throws of trying to find daycare in Ottawa.  It is so hard to think of Miss Emily with a stranger but I can't spend an indefinite amount of time babysitting.  I do have all of you and a hubby to think of.   I keep telling myself that this will be a wonderful thing for Emily.  She will grow and thrive, even though her mom is not the only person in her life.  Oh and I have to keep saying the same thing to Carrie.  lol

Now on to the share for today!  I still have some cards and decor items to show you that I did awhile back.  I have been so busy this summer that I haven't really made a "New" card in awhile.  I am going into withdrawal.  :O(

Here is a lovely card done with the Hostess set Simply Sketched. 

 
I started out with a Whisper White base and I used Pool Party for the insert.  I heat embossed Hello Doily with White Embossing powder and then I added a bow with Pool Party Seam Binding.  I stamped the flower image from Simply Sketched and then colored it in with a Blender Pen and Pool Party ink and highlighted it with Marina Mist ink.  I added So Grateful in Black Stazon.
 
Simply Sketched has to be one of the most versatile stamp sets in the new Catty. 
 
   You may either place an order for $200.00 before s/h and taxes or host a class or workshop and your combined orders before shipping and handling total $200.00 then you can purchase Simply Sketched with your hostess benefits for $12.00.
 
 Have you considered a Catalog Party!  Take the catalog to your family and friends and see if they want to order anything - again, if your combined orders total the magic number of $200.00 then you can order this set. 
 
I love how soft and pretty this card is.  I expect this will be one of the cards that I send mom for my "Mommy Project".  I am currently on schedule with this project.  So far I have 13 cards done and have mailed 11 of them.  The other two I will give her while she is here for the wedding.
 
No point to mail them out if she can't get one a week because she is home for a wedding.  Mom called my sister, Colleen, and said that the cards were anticipated and enjoyed every week.  She said she starts smiling when she sees one in the mail box.  So my plan is working to perfection.  Now if I can just get through the summer when I am not home much and have trouble getting them made and in the mail, I will be fine. 
 
It is ambitious to send one a week for a year, and retrospect I should have maybe sent two a month :O)  but hey I never commit to anything unless I'm all in!  So I guess for this project it makes sense that I would go nuts with it Sigh!!!
 
Well that's it for me today!  Feeling excited to see my family hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment