Friday, March 28, 2014

Doctor Report!

Hi there Everyone!


Before I get into the main part of my share for today just a quick reminder that Monday March 31st is the last day to place an order for Sale a Bration.  I will be placing an order myself so if you want to contact me I will be home all weekend and Monday.

Also March 31 will be the end of the offer from Paper Pumpkin.  To sign up just pop on over to my Stampin' Up! site found HERE and head to the SHOP NOW feature.  You will find it a little ways down the page.  The markers are a $20.00 value and that means you get your first kit for only $4.95.  How great is that?

Here is a pic of the March month kit I got in the mail -



 
In this kit there was instructions for 8 beautiful cards.  Two stampin' spots in Island Indigo, and Calypso Coral, 8 envelopes with 8 gold foil liners, two Photopolymer stamps, 8 cards with beautiful ombre stripes pre-cut and scored, glitter dots, mini glue dots, and 8 pre-cut wooden greetings.
 
WOW that's a lot of product in one box!  The wooden greeting can be colored with ink or gold embossed or even glittered if that is where your craft takes you.   Also you don't have to use the gold foil liners in the envelopes, you could cut them up and use them in other crafts. 
 
Anyway on to the reason for my posting today!
 


Well I finally had my Doctor's appointment and he is please with my progress (so am I).  I am not cleared for gymnastics but I can drive and stamp oh and walk on the treadmill. 

I was out for my first drive last week and it felt so good.  I felt like a brand new adult :O)

So I decided to host a small class at my home last Sunday and offer a few projects.  Having the class here at the house is a lot easier than travelling (which I do a lot of).  We did four projects  - a beautiful box, two cute cards and one gift tag. (which I totally cased from Shelli Gardner our CEO of SU)

Here are the projects -

 
This of course, is the front of the box.  I called the class "Butterflies and Flowers"!  I also was kinda stuck on the whole gold thing and went overboard with the gold embossing powder, but the ladies loved it so it's all good.
 
I used the stamp set " Happy Watercolor" and "Papillon Potpourri" and the greeting comes from " Express Yourself"  We gold embossed the Tea Lace Doilies by pressing the Encore gold ink pad over the doily and then pouring the embossing powder over all.  It came out so nice.  The focal image was stamped in Black Stazon and then colored in using Blender pens and Coastal Cabana ink.  Didn't it turn out purty?  The butterfly was embossed with gold and sponged in with the same color.
 
 

 
This is one of the sides of the box  We stamped the image in Baked Brown Sugar and then "White Washed" the flowers with a blender pen and Whisper White Craft ink.  (I should have used Black Stazon, it would have looked a little crisper)  We added Organza ribbon and the new Sequins and Voila -  a wonderful way to give a little chocolate for Easter.  Oh and the Boxes were the Decorative Window Boxes on page 36 of the Mini.

 
This was a card that the ladies made again a lot of gold here.  I used "Off the Grid" and "Chalk Talk" and the Framelits to cut out the Gumball Green background.  Once again the Tea Lace Doily was pressed into play.  The butterfly was cut out of Watercolor Wonder DSP and the gold Antennae was the new Gold Baker's Twin.  We "pulled" out the gold and added it to the butterfly.  Then we used some single sequins to add a bit more interest.
 
 

 
This next card was all about the flowers.  I used "Petite Petals" stamp set and corresponding punch for the main flower.  I used Crushed Curry ink and card stock.  The leaves are from the Bird Builder Punch.  The various other small flowers are punched out using the Itty Bitty Punches.  I also used the Woodgrain folder for the Big Shot.  Lots of color and texture going on here.

 
And last but not least the gift tag.  I cased this one from Shelli Gardner.  I figure if it is good enough for the founder of Stampin' Up!  then it's good enough for me.  This tag uses "Happy WaterColor"  and it is a wonderful example of Layered Stamping. 
 
We stamped the first image "blotch" in Pool Party ink.  Then we added the spots in Strawberry Slush and over all that we stamped the flower image in Baked Brown Sugar.  Once all that was stamped we added the greeting in Black Stazon.  Easy but fun.  A ribbon some banners, a bit of Big Shot Action and a cut little flower using the Petite Petal punch and Strawberry Slush card stock (center is a candy dot) and we are done.  Nice and fast lol.
 
So that's all from me today except a little pic of Emily and her craziness! 
 
 

 
Doesn't she look like the cherry on top of a cute cupcake?  Gonna miss her when she leaves on April 11th.  But she has to go home to daddy! 
 
Being productive hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment