Monday, March 31, 2014

The Smell of Burning Wood!

Good day Stampers!


Well our supposed storm is still MIA at this time of day here in Nl.  We are expecting another Nor'Wester.  Lovely eh?

Anyway I have been in my craft room working on my Paper Pumpkin for March.  I love it and have some samples to show you how to  upscale your kit.  You can do it  exactly as SU suggests or you can have fun by adding some elements and color to the March kit.

Here I will show you what I mean 'cause I know some of you are visual :O)

 
Ok this first one is almost like the one SU demonstrates in the kit but I cut the letters apart with a craft knife and then sanded the edges a little bit.  Nice right?

 
The second one I smushed (a very technical term I assure you)  Whisper White craft ink on the wooden greeting and then heat embossed with Whisper White embossing powder.  Oh the smell of burning wood.  Have you ever worked with wood engraving?  It is the same smell, I quite like it.   I also punched out a circle in Coastal Cabana and mounted my greeting on that with dimensionals.
 
 
 
Ok,  Went a little bit crazy with this one - used the Tea Lace Doilies and inked the greeting up with the Island Indigo stampin' spot provided with the kit.  I stole some gold foil from the envelope liners,  Just a little bit off the end (no one will miss it I assure you).  Made a lovely shiny banner to hang down from the doily.


 
This fourth one I gave the same treatment.  Inked up the greeting with the stampin' spot, Calypso Coral, added some stamping to the card using the Photo Polymer stamp included, and narrowed the gold banner.  Added a twine bow and a few glitter dots (provided) and whoo hoo, done! 
 
Don't you think they are beautiful?  One tip though, if you color the greetings with the stampin' spot, please give it lots of time to dry.  Or you could heat it with the embossing gun and smell the burn!
 
Today is the last day to sign up for Paper Pumpkin and get your FREE markers.  It is a wonderful offer and I so hope you will join me for this experience.  Now that I am receiving the kits I will help you upscale and give you lots of ideas every month.  Just click on the Paper Pumpkin on the right hand side of this blog.
 
  Oh and tomorrow I will show you a couple of other projects that I created with the other four cards.  I just didn't have enough time this morning as I was babysitting Emily.  My daughter had a migraine so I had some fun this morning with her.  They are leaving soon and I am taking advantage and spending every moment with her. 
 
One more little reminder - today is the last day of Sale A Bration.  If you are interested in placing an order please contact me or use the shop now button located on the left hand side of the blog.
 
UpScale Hugs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment