It's the Blog Hogger coming to you with a super cute pop-up box card, with a manly theme! Of course, there are women out there who also love, love, love to golf but this card was made for a manly man! Therefore, the colors reflect that and there are no butterflies, glitter, or girlie things anywhere to be found.
Check it out:
In the order they are in the card, there's grass, a golf club, shoes, a flag, a golf ball and a golf bag!
Here's a side view:
And a closer view from the top:
The golf ball is my favorite element because it moves! So cute! Ummm, I mean how manly!!! lol Because it can be seen from the front and back, two balls were used with the acetate between them.
And yes, folks, this card folds flat so it can slide into an envelope!
And now for the details:
- The base of the box card was made from a 12" x 12" sheet of Basic Black cardstock.
- Follow the instructions from Splitcoaststamper for how to make the box: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/popupboxcard/
- Gray designer paper was used to cover the outside of the box. Red designer paper was used for the inside flaps and the inside back portion. (It's outdated Stampin Up designer paper.)
- Whisper White, Old Olive, So Saffron and Smoky Slate cardstock were used for the added elements.
- The stamp set used for the sentiment is Best of Birthdays, from Stampin Up's Best of 25 Years series.
- Punches used were Large Oval (for the shoes), Extra-Large Oval and Word Window (for the golf bag), 1/2" Circle (for the ball), Petite Pennants Builder (for the flag).
- Embossing folders used were Perfect Polka Dots (for the ball) and Square Lattice (for the flag).
- Extras: Clear acetate to hold the ball in the air, black ribbon to attach the handle to the golf bag, and a brad in the middle of the pocket on the golf bag. A Basic Black marker and a White Gel Pen were used to make the laces on the shoes.
Keep the faith, people! Spring will eventually arrive and golfing season will be upon us! :)