Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Getting Back into the Groove!

Good Day Stampers!


Well it's been a little while since my last post.  I have been trying to get back to business but it has been an up hill climb. 

Since my last post Carrie and little Emily have gone home and left a HUGE hole in my life.  I have to start filling my day with things that I have done in the past but put on hold while they were here and I was healing.

I am not fully back to health but every day is one day better.  This surgery may take up to a year to actually heal.  Apparently bones take a much longer time than muscle.  I push myself to do more every day but have had some setbacks when I push too hard.  Then its back to sitting/laying around until I feel ready to go again.  But that won't stop me.  I just have to remember to take it slow and like the turtle I have become I will get to the finish line.

I have been reviewing the posts and realized that there were several ladies I haven't thanked for get well cards.  I would like to remedy that today and I have a couple of new ones for you.  So sit back, have a coffee and enjoy -


 
This card came from my next door neighbour Brenda King,  its one of the older stamp sets from a couple of years ago.  But it still makes a pretty card.  Thanks Brenda!

 
This one came from a lovely lady in Baie Verte.  Ada used a lot of elements here, texture, color and some Pearls.  I love it, thank you so much Ada Ford, it meant a lot to get a card from you!

 
This beauty comes from Wilhelmena Hardy in St. John's.  She loves Pool Party card stock and Gorgeous Grunge!  Put them both together and we have a beautiful get well soon card.  Thank you so much Wilhelmena!
 

 
And not to forget Lynnette Taylor who dropped by with  a bouquet of flowers for me.  I had to take some pictures of these as the colors were so beautiful.  Thank you so much Lynnette!  They brightened my home for a long time!



 
This card came from one of my demonstrators in Alberta.  Val Parsons is a very creative lady.  I  would love to thank you for this beauty!  So nice!  When you visit Nl. again let me know and we can do coffee lol! 


 
This pretty card comes from my sister, commonly called the Blog Hogger,  Colleen.  She made a simple but beautiful card.  I love the subtle colors and the use of white space.  Sometimes it is hard to leave it simple.  But it's lovely Colleen.  Thank you!
 
Now on to the new card I have for you -
 


 
I used the elements from the March Paper Pumpkin.  I fooled up the stamping on two of the cards.  Yes, sometimes I screw up!  So rather than throw it out I decided to try using the parts I didn't fool  up.  I also used the congrats from the set.  I added Tombow Glue to the letters and then poured the fine Silver Glitter over it.  I attached this element to the card using mini glue dots.  I love how it turned out don't you? 
 
 
Well this has turned out to be a longer post than I had anticipated lol!  No one said I was unable to talk! 
 
I will be back soon with my March thank you card.  I figure you have had enough for one day lol.
 
Groovy hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment