Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bridal Shower!

Good Day my Lovelies!

How has your weekend been so far?  Mine has been a flurry of housework and wedding invitations.  I was asked to make 120 invites for a client and have spent the last week or so putting them together.  It is a labour intensive job and for such a simple design it is taking much  longer than I had anticipated.  But as with anything, hand made beauty takes time, right?

 I notice the Blog Hogger has been active again.  I don't know about you but I enjoy her hijacking or is that hacking my blog.  lol   Loved the card Colleen!

Right now I have a share for you.  For the last two weeks my friend Sharon has been coming to my place for an evening of stamping.  We have cased several cards but as always we put our  spin on them.  The card I am sharing today found itself being made into a Bridal Shower card.

The Brides colors are Purples and this card reflects this.  Have a look -

 
Ain't it purty?  I used Natural White card stock and Elegant Eggplant for the frame.  For the Art piece I used Canvas Creations.  I used Elegant Eggplant and Gumball Green markers to color the flowers and stems from the stamp set "Serene Silhouettes".  Then I stamped it directly onto the canvas.  I mounted the piece using dimensionals. 
 
Sharon made the same card and while I liked the effect I found it to be a little faint so I went back and dabbed on some more color using the writing end of the markers.  I wasn't sure if I would like it but it actually worked really well and gave more color to the canvas.  Pretty as a Picture lol!    I added a Naturals ribbon to the bottom and stamped it in Stazon Black.
 
So that is my share for today.  I have to get ready for the shower so have a good Sunday and I will be back soon.
 
Elegant hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment