Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Clearance Rack Updated!

Hello Everyone!


How is your week going?  Mine has been great!  I have been busy in the craft room cleaning up and creating.  Just what I needed! 

I have a share for you today but I wanted to mention that Stampin' Up! had updated the clearance rack so that means lots of goodies for you!  You can find the link here or click on the link on the right hand side of this blog that says Shop Now 24/7 to have a look.  Enjoy!

Now on to the card I have for you today.  I cased this card from one I found somewhere.  I seem to have lost the link and only had the picture and I will apologise right now to the lovely stamper who gave me the inspiration.

Here you go -

 
I used Elegant Eggplant for my base and ran the Whisper white border piece through the Big Shot using the Framed Tulips embossing folder (soon to be retired).  The Art insert was made using Crumb Cake ink and  the Hardwood stamp featured in the Spring Mini.
 
After this was stamped I inked up the flowers from Love and Sympathy with Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant markers.  For the stems I used Gumball Green (another retiring color, will miss this one for sure)  I did this three times inking my stamp up with the markers each time.  Then I cleaned the stamp and just colored in the stems with Gumball Green and stamped several times to get the grassy background.
 
After all my stamping was done I broke out the sponges.  The sky was sponged with Soft Sky (of course) and then the edges were sponged with Marina Mist very lightly.  The hardwood was sponged with Crumb Cake ink and the grass with Gumball Green ink.  I added my greeting and I was done.
 
Overall a very nice effect!  I made this one a sympathy card because sadly,  I  always seem to  need one way too often. 

So that's it for me today, short and sweet!  Oh and don't forget I have a class coming up this Sunday May 4th.  Please register to hold your place at the table. 
 
Artsy hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment