Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'm Not Shy, but I am Retiring!

Good day Everyone Crafty!

Well May is racing by and I am so busy I can't quite keep up with it.  I have several Birthday's this month and what with Mother's Day fast approaching, the end of the old catalog and getting ready for the grand unveiling of the new catalog, and classes, well suffice to say WHEW!!!

The title of this blog post is referencing some of the products that will soon be retired.  While I will  miss my old friends I am also excited to see new life (spring remember) and new products. 

I had a play date with my friend and we made a couple of cards that I am going to share with you today.  When Sharon comes over we generally case ones that I have seen on the Internet aka Pintrest!  Sometimes we change out the stamp or the color but sometimes like this one we keep pretty close to the original.  Have a look -

 
This first one is made using Whisper White for the card and the insert piece.  I love a clean white card.  There is just something so perfect about white, everything stands out so much better on it.  Nothing to get in the way.  I stamped "Off the Grid" (retiring the end of May) with Versamark ink and used White Embossing Powder.  Heated it up and then used Sponge Daubers to color the Grid.
 
The colors I used were Pear Pizazz, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight and Coastal Cabana.  I just dragged my daubers down over the embossed image lightly.  Then I embossed the frame using the Big Shot and the Designer Frames embossing folder (also Retiring).  Fussy cut around the outside and inside of the frame and popped it up on Dimensionals. 
 
The flowers are from Petite Petals and they were stamped in Coastal Cabana!  I used Pear Pizazz for the leaves.  Some bling and a greeting and done.  A quick and beautiful card. 
 
This was cased directly from Pintrest.  I only changed up the leaves and the bling.  lol  But I liked what was done and as one of my stampers says - "Why invent the wheel?"
 
 

 
This next one is done in Pool Party!  This is such a soft and beautiful color.  Very subtle!  I used a hostess set called Simply Sketched (retiring end of May).  I love this set and will miss it a lot.  I also used the Mosaic Embossing folder to give some texture to the piece.
 
I cut out the insert using the Ovals Framelits and then stamped on another piece of Whisper White card stock with Black Stazon.  Stazon is perfect for markers as it won't bleed.  After the image was stamped I colored it using the Pool Party Marker and also the Gumball Green marker. (retiring in colors 2013 - 2014)  I went over the insides twice with the marker and that is the shading you see in the Picture.
 
Because I had this embossed piece in my UFO stash (Unfinished Objects) I decided to use it.  After I had cut out the oval and mounted it, only then did I realize that there was a little bit of Gumball Green ink on the left hand side just below the Oval.
 
Well ladies and gents, Not a Mistake, just an opportunity for embellishments.  Right??  So I stamped the Happy Birthday from Perfectly Penned (retiring) in Black Stazon and fussy cut it out.  Added it to the bottom of the Oval and then added some Jewels to help cover the green ink. 
 
Love it!  Don't you? 
 
 This has been a long winded post but I love to explain my thought processes and also how something was done in case you want to recreate.  Hope you weren't too bored. 
 
These retiring products are only available until the END of May or until supplies run out, so don't wait and be disappointed contact me today to place an order or go to my on line store and shop 24/7.
 
Have a wonderful day and I will be back soon with some more projects to share with you!
 
Retiring hugs! 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment