Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Everything Eleanor and Paper Pumpkin!

Hi there Everyone!

I am having a crafty day!  I am sitting in my craft room and I finally got a chance to haul out my April Paper Pumpkin!

This kit was all about Moms but I had already sent my Mother a gift so I decided to make it all about me!  ( I am a mom so I guess that works )

The frame is a blank canvas and I decided that I wanted something that would be timeless.  So here's what I've got for you today -

 
I went with some classic colors to make my insert for the frame.  I used "Everything Eleanor" for the flowers and the lovely weathered board is the fab stamp "Hardwood".  You will find this stamp in the Spring Mini.  It will be carried over to the new catty so it is a "must have" stamp for the up coming stamping year. 

 
The colors I chose were Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush and Smoky Slate.  I stamped the Hardwood on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then sponged the Smoky Slate around the edges and softly all over the card stock.  This gave it a lovely weathered look that I love.
 
I then stamped out the flowers in the "Everything Eleanor" set three times in Pink Pirouette, and the smallest flower three times in Smoky slate.  I punched out the leaves using the sizzlet die (retiring) Little Leaves in Smoky Slate card stock and did a little sponging on the edges.  I then cut out the flowers and used a paper tole look on the flowers.  I cut off some of the petals and then layered them onto the other stamped flowers.  I used dimensionals to raise the design. 

 
Here is a look at the sentiment and the largest flower.  I stamped this one in Strawberry Slush ink and again cut out the flower like  paper tole.  I added some pearls to the flowers and sponged around each layer to add some depth.  Inside the "Hardwood" cut out I used Pink Pirouette card stock and the Beautiful Baroque Embossing folder.  I dragged Pink Pirouette ink over the card stock lightly.  I added the sentiment "So Grateful" stamped in Basic Gray on Vellum.  This greeting came from
"Apothecary Accents"
 
I chose So Grateful because at this time in my life I am so very grateful.  I have an update on my recovery!  I saw my surgeon yesterday and I am now under no Limitations, well except for what my body places on me.  So I can resume my life and get back to doing what I love to do. 
 
I start Physio next week and will do a 6 to 10 week course to get me in shape.  I have been very sedentary for quite awhile and can't wait to get into some modified exercise. 
 
This photo frame will look lovely in my room and remind me every time I look at it exactly what I have in my life. What do you think of this project?  Drop me a line and let me know! 
 
 
Everything hugs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment