Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Beautiful Day!

Good day Friends!

It's a plu perfect day here on the West Coast!  I am uplifted by the sunshine.  Heading out for a quick walk (well I don't walk quickly but you get the idea lol)

I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  I did a class for one of my stampers last Friday evening.  It was the first class outside of my home since the surgery so I was a little nervous that I would forget something home.  But everything went along like clockwork!

My hostess wanted a Halloween card and Christmas cards.  Well way to go and give me a challenge!
I don't have any current stamps for either occasion!  Mine are in the mail and delayed.

So I searched the web and found a super cute Halloween card that fit the bill.  Everything current except for the eyes and the dsp.  But that doesn't bother me as EVERYONE has left over DSP, right?

Have a look -
 
I found this card on Sandi McIvers website.  Punches used were the 1 1/4" and 3/4" circle punch.  I used a Basic Black marker to make the legs and leftover googly eyes to make the faces.  The sentiment actually comes from the new Hostess set that you can earn if you host a party and your sales before taxes total $325.00.  Sweet.  The ladies loved this one cause it is so easy to re-create.

 
So no current holiday stamps - no problem!  I just got the new Stars framelits and decided to take them out for a spin.  I used Garden Green for the larger stars and ran them through the Stripes embossing folder.  The smaller stars are cut out and embossed and the card stock is Mossy Meadow, one of the new in-colors.  Did you get a little look at the background?  Yup, its Gorgeous Grunge!  Love that set.  So the only thing not current here is the Greeting, but again most of you have seasonal greetings in your stash so no harm, no foul!

 
Here is a close up side view of all this awesomeness!  Not too shabby for no current Christmas stamps lol.
 
So that's it for me, gonna head out before I lose the daylight!  I have two more cards to share with you so check back tomorrow and I will see if I can't blog two days in a row without things blowing up around here hahaha.
 Jogging along hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment