Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Holiday Home!

Good day Friends!

Today has been a productive day for me.  I am finally getting through some of the boxes in my craft room.  Because I had both of my children home this summer, my craft room had to be packed up and turned back into a bedroom.

With the amount of Stampin' Up! products in this room it was a challenge.  But I have found when you have a big job to tackle it's best to take your time and celebrate the small successes.  So I have one corner cleaned up and I feel better already.

So on to today's share.  I promised you could have a look at the other two cards I did for last Friday's class so here you go -

 
My old standby!  Lovely as a Tree is one of the longest enduring stamp sets in the Stampin' Up! catalog.  And I have no trouble understanding this fact.  No Christmas stamps?  Again, no problem!  I used Whisper White and Very Vanilla and Night of Navy for  my ink.  I stamped the tree on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock and rough cut it out!  A bit of Fine Silver glitter and some rhinestones and Voila` done!

 
A close up of the details!  I like it!

 
Now I did say I didn't have any Christmas stamp sets but one of my good friends and fellow demonstrator, Pam Gale, offered her new, never been used, Christmas sets for my use!  This set is called Holiday Home and it is so versatile!  This set comes in PhotoPolymer and this is one of the first times I have used this type of stamp!   I must say for scenery type cards it's da bomb!
 
Because you can see through the stamp, the placement is super easy!  And if you look at the Santa and sleigh at the top of the card you will see that it's curved.  Yes you can bend the stamp to suit your needs.  An entirely new concept!  The sentiment is also new and is called Mingle All The Way!

 
Once again a side closeup so you can see the deets!  I used Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow for my card stock, two of the new in-colors that I love!  the DSP is retired but the rest is golden!  The house is stamped and then embossed with Whisper White EP on Lost Lagoon card stock.  To increase the depth I Sponged Lost Lagoon ink on to the house.  This set also comes with matching framelits!  Talk about making your life easier!  It couldn't get any easier!
 
So that's it for me today, back to the grind! 
 
Satisfied hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment