Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bloom With Hope

Hi there Everyone!

Wow we had lots of wind over the weekend!  And the rain!  But despite that I managed to visit my friend Sharon, who is home recuperating from surgery. 

I had a class on Sunday and she was unable to make the class so I brought the class to her.  We had a lovely afternoon and made three of the four cards before she got tired.  I also brought out some of my Magic Pumpkin Cake.  I found this recipe on Pintrest and it certainly lived up to it's picture.  The smell of it baking was amazing!  And more importantly it was a huge hit with the ladies.  Everyone went home with the recipe lol.


Here is the link: http://www.iwashyoudry.com/2013/10/07/pumpkin-magic-cake/

and here is a picture of the cake:

 
The next time, and there will be a next time, I will put it into a larger square dish.  It was almost too much for this one.

And now on to one of the cards we did for the class.
 
I gave my stampers a chance to try out the new Blendabilities markers.  Everyone was impressed with the coverage and how easy it was to color in the image.  And they also really liked the Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I find the image is very clear when stamped with this ink.
 
 

 
We used the "Bloom with Hope" hostess stamp set.  This set has lots of flower images that lend themselves to coloring.  We used the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities.  Of course the Big Shot played a huge part in this card.  Seriously I have a real problem making a card that doesn't use this versatile machine.  It just seems to give the card so much texture .
 
 
Got to run but will be back with more cards from Sunday's class!
 
Hugs, Hugs and more Hugs!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment