Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Busy Week!

Good Day stampers,

It's Wednesday already!  Where in the world does the time go.  I have spent the week getting some much needed cleaning done and spending time with friends. 

Yesterday I went to visit Sharon O'Bryan, my friend who had surgery several weeks ago.  She is doing fine but it's taking a little longer to get back on her feet than she thought.  So, yesterday I spent the afternoon to give her a little distraction.  She and I chatted and laughed and I stamped some of the elements of my swap for the Regionals in St. John's.

Stampin' Up! is having a mini "convention" in November and I am going, along with three of my down line.  I am super excited and have my swap all planned out.  And then yesterday when I was showing it to Sharon, I realized that this "simple card" was going to be A LOT OF WORK!

When Demonstrators get together we do card fronts and swap them with other demos.  Of course we want to show off I mean do our best work.  And I am no exception.  My swap is gojus and I just know everyone will think so (I'm also very modest, NOT)  But there are so many elements to prepare I think I may have lost my mind.  Now I know that with all this blather you expect to see the silly thing, but I am not ready to reveal it to the world.  lol  So you have to just wait for a little while until I get them done. 

But because I haven't posted in a few days I have a couple of cards to show you that I designed (with some help from Pintrest) for a Children's Birthday card class.  The ladies loved these cards and I have to say, so do I.

I struggled a little with the little girl cards ( I KNOW  what's up with that?)  until my daughter said "Mom butterflies and flowers and bling!  These are perfectly acceptable for little girls."  So Light Bulb moment courtesy of DD.  The rest were easy!

Here you go, the rest of the Birthday class cards -

 
Found this charming idea on Pintrest and didn't do much to change it up.  The stamp set is called "Life in the Forest"  Lots of whimsical animals and fun fun, fun.  The colors used were Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. 
 
We did some sponging to make the clouds and drew the birds on free hand with a black marker.  The ladies had never made clouds before, so they loved learning that technique.  A couple of them were concerned about free hand drawing the lines for the parachute but I told them "They are string and shouldn't be exactly straight"  All of them rose to the challenge and created gojus cards.
 
 

 
My next card used the Owl Builder Punch.  I love the owl punch for the versatility and whimsical qualities it brings to the table.  Once again my ladies hadn't done balloons before using Punches.  I am always pleased when I can show something new (to them ) and see the reactions when they figure out just what I have done. lol.  They thought I had a "Balloon Punch"  and marveled when they found out we did it with a 1" circle punch and the "foot" of the owl. 
 
The colors used were Pool Party, Early Espresso, Natural White and for the balloons, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana and Tempting Turquoise.  We used a Black marker to free hand the string.  Another panic moment for some of them. lol.  The white lines were the White Gel Pen.

 
This one is definitely Girly.  Card base is Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry and Pink Pirouette are  my accent colors.  This was a super easy card to assemble.  Not much stamping but the little birdies are from "For the Birds"  One of my fav sets. 
 
I wasn't sure about the piercing around the birds but it needed something and so I timed it to see how long it would take to go right around the punched out card stock.  I did the large one in 40 seconds.  So I thought that wasn't too bad and for an extra 2 minutes per person it added so much to this card.
 
This has been a long post and I have cards to make and orders to place so will finish up for today. 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Swapping hugs!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment