Thursday, October 16, 2014

EEEK It's Bootiful!!!

Hey there Peeps!

Just popping in to show you my Halloween Banner that I did for some wee girlies.  Every so often I get invited to design something for 6-8 girls ages 10 and up.  Usually around Christmas, Mother's day etc.

So with Halloween just around the corner I needed something for them to do.  Humm!  Brain kicked in after looking around the web.  The Boo Banner is nothing new but I did do something different (for me). 

Have a look -

 
Here is the whole banner. ( Complete with the clutter of other projects decorating my craft room lol)Yes, it is simple but when you are dealing with 10 girls who are VERY excited to see you,  well let's just say, simple is better.  (wine works well also)
 

 
I used some basic Black card stock and cut out some banners, added some holes in the top for the twine.  The letters are from the Build a Banner kit that I purchased last year.  A good kit to have for sure.  I sponged Whisper White craft ink and sponged around the edges for that spooky feel.  The stamp of the mummy comes from a now retired set called "Googly Ghouls".  I stamped it out with Stazon Black and used Pumpkin Pie for the accent color.  I used the Decorative Label punch to cut out the mummy.

 
The Last O in the Boo.

 
The center O in the Boo Banner.  I used the 2 1/2" circle punch and punched out a circle in Daffodil Delight.  I used Gorgeous Grunge to stamp on the "moon".  I used Hello Honey and stamped off once and then stamped again to make it look like land masses on the moon.  I think it turned out really well.   Then I sponged one side in Hello Honey to get the shading.  The bat cut out is a retired Punch.   I will probably never sell any of my retired punches because when I am making things for kids they just fit the bill. 
 
Well that's one project down and several more on the drawing board.  But now you know what I had planned for the kiddies. 
 
Hope you get inspired and make some Halloween Decor items yourself!
 
Bootiful Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment