Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Minions Card

Hi there again!

It's the Blog Hogger here with a special punch art card I made for a good friend of mine. She is an absolute sweetie and will, I'm sure (I hope? lol), think this card is adorable . . . even tho' she's a grown woman and not a nine year old! I mean, seriously? Who wouldn't love to have their own minions! lol

Anyway, here's the card:


I think it's hilarious, but as Katherine pointed out, I have been stuck in the house for two months and little things amuse me way more than they used to! lol

Katherine watched me make the smaller minion on Sunday and noted that it was a fair bit of work. I have to agree with her and certainly wouldn't make this card a number of times, but I completely enjoyed designing it, using a picture of two minions as inspiration. Yup, that means it is an original!

Now let's see if I can translate those minions into a picture tutorial. :)  I'm going to explain how to do the one-eyed minion...

First, here's the pic which shows the different sizes and punches used for everything except the eye:



I started out with using the Word Window punch to make the arms, but trimmed them down because they just looked too bulky to me. I also shortened them so they wouldn't hang down past the feet.

Next, I'll show you how I rounded the top of the head:


I cut the strip of So Saffron cardstock just slightly smaller than the 1 1/4" circle punch and rethreaded it through the top. I cut the 3" length after I did this step.

The next picture shows the sizes for the eye:


I had to use a non-Stampin' Up punch to get the brown circle, since I needed it to be much smaller than the white circle. However, the white and black circles are from the Owl Builder punch.

This is how I made the denim look for the pants. It's a two-step process:


Simply swipe the large Night of Navy ink pad over a piece of Soft Sky cardstock in one direction.


Next, turn the cardstock and swipe it in the other direction. Easy!


Don't forget to darken the edges before you assemble your minion. I used a Night of Navy marker to darken the denim edges.

I sponged the edges of the So Saffron and Smoky Slate cardstock. I used a Sponge Dauber to do the little ring since it was so small and getting the middle of it sponged was just easier with a Sponge Dauber.

And that's it! I used Basic Black cardstock for the body of the card and Tempting Turquoise for the 5 1/4" x 4" section. I used a stamp from the Sassy Salutations stamp set for the sentiment.

Add a little circle with the initial of the person you're giving the card to and place on the pocket, glue everything together, draw some hair with a Basic Black marker and you're done!

Hopefully the explanation is clear! If you have any questions feel free to ask away. I know what can seem clear when you've already made something can be very confusing to someone who is just reading about it.  :)

May you all have your own minion hugs,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment