Monday, November 17, 2014

Some Oldies but Goodies!

Hey there Stampers!

Today's post is all about some of the cards I did recently for my Mother-in-law's Church tea and sale. 

Generally I don't post retired stamps but today I will make an exception because when I am not doing a class I love to work with my old favorites.

I took out a couple of last year's stamps and dusted them off then I gave one of them a modern touch.  Have a look and enjoy -

 
This one is a very simple card using Winter Memories.  I used Soft Suede and Real Red card stock.  I also used a retired embossing folder, Petals a Plenty.  I colored the wreath and bow and birds with markers.  Instead of coloring the whole sleigh I just followed the lines.  Makes this an easier and faster card.  Added a sentiment from Ornamental Pine and made a rolled banner.  No glitter but still an attractive card.

 
This card kinda evolved.  I started another card by stamping the background stamp Hardwood on Whisper White card stock in Crumb Cake, but it didn't  stand out enough for the card I had in mind.  I don't like to waste card stock, so back to the drawing board.  haha
 
I took out the crumb cake ink and dragged it over the card stock, right over the stamped image, then I did the same with Soft Suede ink and for the finishing touch I added Early Espresso ink.  Again just dragging the whole pad over the card stock.
 
Well imagine my surprise when I looked and saw the the original Hardwood stamp showed up better with a "woodgrain" finish.  Humm!  I had anticipated re stamping the image over the whole piece but apparently the stamped image caught the ink in a really life like manner.
 
Sweet!  So an experiement that worked.  Love it!  Enlarge the image and you will see exactly what I mean.
 
I used Beautiful Season (last year's stamp) and stamped the Chickadee image it in Memento Black on Whisper White Card stock and colored it in with markers.  Then I stamped the image again and fussy cut it out. 
 
I had a couple of Real red stars on my desk and decided to cut out the image with the star framelits.  It works and I love it. 
 
A mistake turned into a card.  Lovely!
 
That's my share for today, hope you enjoyed it!
 
Staring the Oldies hugs!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment