Monday, September 21, 2015

Cuties!

Hello to all my stamping Friends!

It's a beautiful day here in Newfoundland (finally).  And it's another Monday!  Yup I know you all dislike Mondays but hey they happen and then I blog - something to brighten up your day! 

Now if you don't want to see Christmas Cards yet, look away, cause that's where I am right now OK?  I have all this new product from the Mini Occasions catalog (on the right hand side of this post)  and I just had to play with it.

Of course since I have a little grand-daughter, I am drawn to the more whimsical stamps now.  Before she came into my life I was into flowers and elegant stamps, but I guess with all the cartoons I have been asked to watch (I mean forced to watch), well I guess it finally rubbed off.  I mean how many times can you watch Frozen, Shrek or Monsters Inc. before you go just a little crazy?  Well apparently it's a lot!  Oh and since I have always been a little crazy it's taking just that much longer.

Anyhoo on to my share for today.  I am working with Christmas Cuties.  I love this set it is exactly as promoted - cute. 

Have a lookie loo -


 
I mean seriously is this not cute?  I used Soft Suede for the card base, Real Red for the background color and a piece of the the new Christmas DSP called Home for Christmas.  You are going to be seeing more of this DSP soon.  It is so nice!
 
I cut out the squares using the smallest Square Framelit.  I started by cutting out the middle square and then just eyeballed the placement for the other two.  Then I stamped out the little kids on Whisper White card stock and colored in with various markers.  I fussy cut them out and glued them to the back of the DSP.  I added dimensionals to the DSP and adhered it to the Real Red.  As you can see some of it is showing through the windows.
 
Once I was satisfied with the placement I added a simple greeting from the same set and an Enamel dot.  I also added some sequins to the top of the card using the fine tip glue pen.  There is some Dazzling Details scattered over the card but the camera is not picking that up.
 
Here is a close up of the kiddies. -
 
 
I used So Saffron and added a accent with Delightful Dijon, the elf is Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Real Red and Cucumber Crush markers.  I used Blush Blossom for the faces and added Blushing Bride for the cheeks.

 
This little guy has the same colors as the others but for the lighter green I used Pear Pizazz! 
 
Off to the Kitchen to start supper.  It seems like all I do is cook and clean.  Oh and I want to leave you with a joke today!  It's Monday and we need a little laugh right?
 
 
Knock, knock?
 
 
Who's there?
 
 
Megan and chicken
 
 
Megan and chicken who?
 
 
 
He's megan a list and chicken it twice, he's gonna find out who's naughty and nice...
 
I know what am I thinkin? 
 
Chat with you soon!  Cutie Pie hugs!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment