Friday, October 2, 2015

Christmas Cuties!

Hello Stampers,

You ever have one of those days when everything falls into place?  You know the ones, productive and you feel great!

Well yesterday was one of those days.  I got dinner ready in the morning, (cabbage rolls) got the house cleaned up (before Lunch) and then hit the craft room.  Cleaned up there too,  ate supper and after supper I went back with my IPad to listen to some music and see what I could create.

Music usually sets my mood, and last night it all just seemed to gel.  Myself and another Demonstrator are booked for a Craft Fair on December and I wanted to make some items for this sale.

I took one of my fav sets called Christmas Cuties and went to work.  Found a video on the web with instructions for a gift card/money holder.  So I took some retired Designer Series Paper and some current and cut out 5 1/2" squares.  Then I used the Envelope Punch Board to make the holders.  So simple and totally cute.

Have a look at what I made -

 
Here they are!  So Cute!

 
There are three large image stamps in this set and I love them all.  I used Home For Christmas DSP for the envelope and the new silver and gold foil Doilies (found in the new Mini catalog).  Stamped the angel image in Stazon Black and colored in with Pool Party and Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, and Hello Honey markers.  I used Blushing Bride for the face and hands.  I had some retired ribbon for the bow.
 
 

 
I first punched the angel out using the 2" circle die but I quickly decided I didn't like the way it was on the gift card holder.  So I just fussy cut around the top and left the bottom rounded.  That worked well thank goodness or I would have had to start over.  I did use a retired snowflake framelit for the background of Green.  But I really love how it turned out.
 
 

 
Next image is of a little snowsuit clad cutie.  I colored the snowsuit with Pool party and paper pieced the scarf and top of  his hat using the retired DSP that I used for the gift card holder.  I added a retired greeting and a large Foil Doily.  Ta Da!  Love it!

 
Here is a close up of the image so you can see the DSP I used to paper piece the scarf and pompom.  Can't tell you how much fun I had with this one.

 
Do you see a theme developing?  Found a look and went with it. lol.  Once again Retired DSP and Greeting.  (As I look at it now I may have to move the elf a little cause it looks like Heck the Halls haha)  I colored him in Real Red and Garden Green with Soft Suede for the hair.

 
I added some Tombow glue and fine Gold Glitter to the Bells on his suit.  I also added another layer of Soft Suede to make some highlights in his hair. 
 
So last night was super fun, good music, singing at the top of my lungs, chatting with my friends on Hayday (yes I am addicted)  and creating these "Christmas Cuties"  A perfect way to end a wonderful day.
 
Let me know what you think of today's projects.  Love to hear from you.
 
Self satisfied hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment